View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Default Board activity as of late

Posted By: Mike

I am tired of this as well.... Sometimes I buy raw cards. Sometimes I buy graded cards. Sometimes I buy raw cards and grade them, Sometimes I buy raw cards and don't grade them. But in spite of all their flaws and problems, I probably would not be shelling out big dollars on many cards if it were not for the grading services. The bottom line is people need to educate themselves. It is no different in the art world, the antique car world, etc. etc. But getting back to cards, it was amazing how many cards that I had bought in the very early ninties, that I later tryed to have graded, that turned out to be trimmed. Bought them at the nationals, from dealers we all know. Did they do it to me on purpose? Did they not know? who knows.....I won't buy from them any more. I guess if I have to choose between not having them, and having them, I will have them.(The graders) I tend to buy higher graded cards. Not for investment reasons, as I rarely sell anything. But because they are harder to locate, and more of a challenge. Quite frankly, I like nice looking cards. Pin holes, large tears, round corners, and creases don't turn me on that much. I pass on many grade 5's. in hopes of locating a 7. Obviously, sometimes a 1 or 2 is necessary, because that is all there is. Sometimes a 2 is great. But cutting people down because they choose to collect higher graded material, seems rather childish to me....who cares.