View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay scam "lesson 103"

Posted By: leon

I don't post too many of these, though I did post one a day or so ago, to give ample warning of the Headin' Home cards recently sold on ebay. If those cards have a dot pattern under magnification then they are not good. My guess, from seeing the larger scans, is that there was a dot pattern on them.

Some board members are new and I'm doing this for the sake of them mostly....though, I admit that after some of these threads I have learned something new too.

Here is a pretty good looking card. It has some telltale signs that aren't good....

1. The card stock is too "bright".
2. The wear "coloring" looks fake as cards don't normally age more (in color) on the outsides...
3. Card is being sold "as is"
4. All saies are final.
5. I have never seen a card who's condition looks like this be real.

These kind of sales can be good too, as I recently bought a Fro-Joy on ebay for about $26, and took the gamble. I got it and it's good. My guess is that the one in this auction won't have such a happy ending...again, could be wrong, but bid accordingly....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1928-1927-BABE-RUTH-60-HR-CANDY-BASEBALL-CARD-2-AUTHEN_W0QQitemZ150044322483QQihZ005QQcategoryZ317 19QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem