View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Default What baseball person do you like the least?

Posted By: john/z28jd

Bonds was hated long before the steroids so now its just an extra excuse,he would be on this list anyway even if the whole scandal never came up.Its ridiculous to single him out or anyone out for it tho because so many people did it.If you think theyre the biggest or only users then you have your head buried in the sand.Steroids and pills were a league wide problem and probably are still used on a lower level so its stupid when people pin it on one person.Bonds,McGwire etc didnt invent them,werent the first to take them and they werent against the rules. Sorry it bothers people because of the HR record being so sacred but if they broke the sac fly record on it no one would give a crap.

If you want to blame Bonds breaking the HR record on anyone,why not blame the umpires who gave him a strike zone so small he always got a good pitch to hit when he swung,coupled with the fact he crowded the plate with a huge arm gaurd and never got thrown at,and he also had the best eye in baseball ever rarely swinging out of the strike zone,add in the watered down pitching and the harder bats and tighter wound baseballs and you have your extra power. If he had a regular strike zone like everyone else and pitchers threw inside to him without that ridiculous arm brace then he wouldve had zero chance of reaching even 60 homers or putting up the crazy numbers he put up over that stretch.

I wasnt the only one who followed the home run chase that year for Bonds but somehow im the only one that can look past the hatred that blinds common sense and can see all the factors that help him.

Why not put Roger Maris in the most hated for living off one fluke season during an expansion season and ruining Ruth's rightful place in history? That makes about as much sense as putting all the steroid blame on Bonds

Also someone asked for a pitchers name,how about Ryan Franklin,theres one for you,want more? Do you hear anything about Franklin and steroids? nope,does he have to answer questions all the time,have accusations thrown at him wherever he goes? nope.....why not? Why should Ryan Franklin get off easy,is he above everyone else now that he got caught and served his little suspension? Where is the hate for him,he mightve cost another pitcher a major league career who never got a chance,mightve cost some player a record he will never have a chance to match all because of an assumed result of the effects of steroids.

All the Bonds whining about steroids is garbage when people are just using that as a better reason to hate him.I dont hate or blame anyone for using steroids because i dont know every person who did it and i certainly(as well as everyone else here) dont know how it affected them.All the supposed help steroids give can hurt people elsewhere which is just as important to a team,make guys slower and worse fielders because of the extra bulk,wouldnt that take away the supposed help they got with home run stats? Afterall its a team game,not a HR contest,people need to stop glorifying one of the least important stats,runs,rbi's, on base %,ERA,WHIP are all more important.

Finally,I know you can ask Carlos Baerga and Ruben Sierra if they thought steroids were a good idea because both of them bulked up about 20 lbs of muscle one offseason and couldnt swing the bat right for awhile but i dont feel sorry for them because it didnt help them!