View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Default Type Card Collecting

Posted By: Glen V

Josh - if a type collector gets a card from the T206 set, they have one card/example/"type" from the T206 set. That card is a T206 to everyone else, but a "type" to them. Now some sets are next to impossible to complete, and tend to be sold as type cards, since buyers are probably type collectors just looking for one card/player/team from that issue. Hope I answered your question.

Zach - The ACC #s were given years ago. Many people don't like the ACC #s and/or don't want to see updates. The ACC #s work great for W cards and a few other issues, but otherwise have limited use. What's an R319? Most collectors will just say '33 Goudey.

Type collectors tend to care because it breaks up card issues into catagories which can be used for realistic goals. Its easy for me to find all my caramel cards, just sort the spreadsheet by types and look at the E's. To limit a type collection, one can just go after ACC #s. To make it harder, add non-ACC cards: F-Unc Voskamps, E-Unc All Star Base-Ball, N-Unc Just So.