View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Default 1932 Cubs Team issue small cards - revisited ?

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Leon, thanks for hijacking your own thread with the transfer news. I am the collector that solicited information regarding these transfers (Dimmaggio, football player, etc.). I ended up selling all of the transfers I had to a handful of small, vintage east coast dealers. I parcelled 6 of the sets together and sold them for approximately 250.00/set, for all 6. The remaining sets sold at about 300.00/set. Since my sale, I saw one of the sets on Ebay, and I bid on it up to 100.00. I believe it sold for the next incremental bid (102 or 105). I believe these could be worth more, but because they are not catalogued, people are not that aware of the issue. Right now, the only pricing data I have seen for these consists of the 6 transfer set on Ebay (102.00ish for all 6), and the one you have, plus the one on the Goudey collector's site (if I remember correctly you each paid less than 30.00 for the Dimmagio alone). I am more of a flipper than a collector (I do collect prewar, but I really enjoy making a profit when I can), so after posting here and doing what research I could (there is a mention of the transfers in the 1990 nonsports priceguide, but I forget the title and author; The only mention of pricing is the non sports ones selling for 5.00each.), I chose to sell and try for more Flea Market finds (my specialty). In fact I have some more prewar oddities that I hope to post soon to solicit information concerning them (red matchbook of Christy Matthewson - might not be prewar, but will post when I have time; and a few other miscellaneous items). I really appreciate the depth of knowledge on this board and your willingness to provide information to anyone who asks. I am a constant lurker but try to post when there is a topic I have any knowledge of. Sorry for the long, kind of rambling post.
Alan