View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Default Hello...I'm Exposing myself...

Posted By: Ricky Yoneda

Long time lurker and cardboard junkie. I must be totally addicted to this site since I peruse through it almost everyday. I actually read the rules first so I promise I won't be posting any photos of my 1973 Topps cards with those hideously airbrushed baseball caps. I began collecting "seriously" to the chagrin of my parents at the tender age of about 10 or so and was seduced by the vintage stuff at an early age. I subscribed to Trader Speaks, ordered cards from Galasso, Solon, Frisch, Lew Lipset, bugged a really nice man named Frank Nagy..even sent in a order to and got yelled at by Goodwin Goldfaden...My collecting reached each it's peak during the 80's with my attendance of the National in SF but with the end of the decade (and the subsequent decline in the popularity of big hair, parachute pants and Duran Duran) my interest went down as well...Fortunately, with the coming of the new millenuem, the invention of the internet...and a rediscovery of my tattered copy of SCD from 1978..my interest was renkindled...and finally... reading this board has been a primary impetus and reaffirmation that this stuff is indeed fun after all..so I am now sloowly getting back into it and now focused on finishing off some of my collecting goals (trying to finish a low grade raw 33 Goudey set; collecting exhibit cards of HOF players and a type set although not to the scale of Leon's amazing stuff).

My apologies for the incoherent ramblings (hope I didn't sound like Rick Sutcliffe last week) but, I just wanted to say hello, introduce myself and say thanks for giving people like me a forum to be like a kid again...

Cheers.

Rick