View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone know this guy...Jim Pavlish from ABC Trading

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Even I am starting to get annoyed by this Elkins stuff and I consider myself one of the more patient board members. I let it "slide" when you threw me under the bus for the whole d304 Barry thing, but I'm getting sick and tired of having to read about this issue every week.

I can sympethize with your situation. I've had cards stolen from me before. However I didn't enjoy having my name thrown out on the board as the current "owner" of stolen property. This situation would have been best handled in private all the way around.

I removed my post about the d304 Barry as soon as I found out it used to be yours. I came on the board, explained what happened and offered you your card back because I wanted to do the right thing and get your card back to you. I saw no reason to bring the rest of the board in on that situation. We could have resolved this particular aspect of it with just a phone call or email.

Also, for the record...Scott Elkins is a friend of mine. He was one of my first friends when I came to Net 54 and we've done a bunch of trades and other deals together. I don't appreciate the insinuation that I'll do anything "just to get a card" as you put it. What am I supposed to do? Tell Scott I won't be his friend anymore or work with him just because you have a problem with him? Keep in mind, he was a respected board member before this incident. From the sounds of it, yeah, it sounds like he made a bad mistake. I also didn't like acquiring the card not knowing that it used to be yours and I'm sure that is something Scott should have been up front about as well. However, he's paid for the card and is currently carrying out his punishment of forum banishment. He can't change his original decision unfortunately, however he has partially made up for his end of this issue so we really need to let this one be.

My personal policy is that I don't get involved in board disputes. I'll listen to both sides but I'm not going to judge and take sides. You were a little to hard on both myself and Scott B. in your last post. We need to just let this thing drop.

-Brian