View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default How do you pay the mortgage???

Posted By: Joann

Currently Quality Mgr for a manufacturer in West Michigan. We (Jackson Products) make personal protective equipment for the industrial market - hard hats, welding helmets, goggles, etc. I am responsible for the overall quality system, and also run the test lab where we take product and shoot ball bearings at it, drop heavy weights on it, try to ignite it, etc.

Joann

PS - Bob, I have a Master's Degree in Meteorology from University of Md 1984. I liked Meteo fine, just didn't want to live on the east coast at that time. So from science, to engineering - now in law school. Hard to imagine not working in a factory though. Sterile office environments make me crazy - I like my plant and the machines and hi-los and buzz of activity. So I might not have liked Meteorology anyway. And, lol, maybe the whole law school thing is not that well thought out either. Law office environment? Not unless they put a stamping press in it somewhere!

Edited to say: OMG Geno - Sioux Chief. THAT is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. And .. yes, mortage.