View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Default I RELIZE WHY DEALER'S LOVE PSA

Posted By: T206Collector

...one of the reasons more people are after them is because it is harder to get screwed by dealers selling trimmed cards, thanks to SGC. Does SGC ever grade a trimmed card? I'm sure there are examples. But by and large, you have a pretty good idea what kind of card you are getting when you get it in an SGC holder. It makes the whole experience of collecting a lot more fun for me (and, obviously, by the rising prices, a lot more people).

Demand rises because collectors like graded cards, thus prices rise. If you do not like graded cards, perhaps you have never had the experiences that I have had -- paying $500 for a card on ebay where the seller said "EX, no creases" and the card arrives with a huge crease not visible in the scan. Thankfully, the seller accepted a return/full refund. But if he put that card in an SGC holder, it would've been a solid VG; it would have cost 20% of the price I paid; and we all would have saved a lot of time and trouble.

Graded cards are a necessary and vital component to collecting vintage baseball cards in the 21st Century.