View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Default You need to visit grandma some more

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

My father passed away in 1991, and soon thereafter my grandpa and grandma both passed away within a couple of years...before my dad passed away he had told me that his mother never threw anything away and that he had a whole drawer full of baseball cards and he thought they were around somewhere...my grandmother denied ever seeing any of them. My family was not real close to my dad's family for reasons that I am not really sure of so we didn't visit very often. My uncle who now lives in the house called my brother and said that he had found the 8mm films that he took when he was young so my brother and I went over there to look around and see if we could find the family photo albums also (before last week my siblings and I had never seen a photo of my father at an age younger than his highschool yearbook photo) The house is absolutely filled with stuff and we did find the photo albums and even my sisters 1960's Barbie dolls that my mother said she thought were over there...there are still two rooms that we did not search that you can't really get beyond the door because they are filled with stuff so I'm hoping that somewhere in either of those rooms is my father's baseball card collection...I doubt any of it is prewar, but it would be all 1950's stuff. Sometime in the next few weeks the search continues...even if I don't find any cards I feel satisfied with finding the family photos that none of us were even certain existed.