View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Default Cracking a BGS / BVG case

Posted By: Richard

Sorry for the delay in starting this thread.

This is, what I believe, the easiest way to crack a Beckett case. It takes about 10 seconds with the right tools. The first time you use this method, you will probably have a heart attack - especially if you are cracking a high end card.

I would recommend first starting off on a cheap $1-5 card for practice. Once you are comfortable with the process, then start cracking those Ruth and Mantle rookies!

Tools: Decent quality hammer, sizable flathead screwdriver - I use a 1/4 craftsman, safety goggles, hard surface/floor - I use my garage slab, and a couple of sheets of newspaper.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Spread out the newspaper. Place the flat of the screwdriver blade vertical so that the bottom edge of the flip (label) is about in the center of the blade.

Give the top of the screwdriver a good whack with the hammer, driving straight down. If you don't hit hard enough, the case will not split cleanly in half.

WHACK!!

Tada! Case splits right down the middle. The flip is a little crunched - hope you didn't want to save it. The card is still housed in its protective sleeve which will need to be cut open with scissors.

10 seconds flat. A job well done. Now let's start cracking to skew them pop reports!