View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Default OT: What are your other hobbies?

Posted By: Joann

I fly two line stunt kites. That's what my little icon is - except that you can't really tell b/c the picture gets forced into a square format. Great stress management activity. I have around 15 or 16 kites or so (all Prism), mostly for different wind conditions and/or flying styles.

Whenever I travel anywhere in US try to see if there are any minor league games near where I'm going. I get a mini-bat and long sleeve T for every team I see play (Albuquerque Isotopes, Charlotte Knights, Tulsa Drillers, Brooklyn Cyclones, etc).

A few of my favorite kites (sorry for the self-indulgence, but getting me going on kites is kind of like getting me going on old bb cards):

Prism Illusion - put Prism Kites on the map. I own this kite. The webmaster for Prism Kites lives a few miles from me, and sold me the photographer's model.

Prism Fanatic. My favorite all around kite. Also my first kite that wasn't a toy, so to speak. As I got more advanced kites, others said I'd never fly the Fanatic again - but it is always first one out of my bag. When Prism discontinued this model last year I immediately bought two more so I will be sure to have one for my lifetime.