View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Default Lelands Auction is closing in 2 days

Posted By: Josh Evans

Leon:
Nice to be back on the Forum.
Thank you for the plug. It is great to be back in New York this week and at Lelands after a month in Puerto Rico. The auction is going great and as always there are a lot of good buys still. We keep our reserves low and the reserves are real (as opposed to some others whose prices shoot up mysteriously right off the bat). Also, we try to do our best on all fronts especially in the area of customer service where we have grown by leaps and bounds. As always our authenticity levels are the best in the business.

If anyone wants to talk to me tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday they can call me in the office (516 409 9700) or email me at jevans@optonline.net. I will be there both days till late. Mike Heffner (my partner and resident genius), Ron Rolleri (our COO), Richard Bond (autographs and jerseys), Chris Porter (cards), Jon Perry (cards), and Bruce Mauro (hockey and Americana) will be there as well.

Comparing our results (so far) to Mastro and Sotheby’s (who I think are the leaders along with us right now in terms of prices), overall we are equal if not better. Actually I am hearing that Sotheby’s was weak overall except for a few great prices on certain pieces.

Regards
Josh Evans

P.S. The movies in Puerto Rico suck so went to the flicks the last three nights. Capote (killer), Good Night and Good Luck (better than the History Channel) and tonight I saw King Kong (blew me away). Bet you didn’t know I was film critic for my college newspaper and ran the Film Society.
By the way, John Lennon over Babe Ruth big time.