View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Default t206 rare backs in BST

Posted By: Anonymous

Jeff,

About 17 years ago when I was around 13, I received these cards as a gift from a card dealer that was a friend of the friend. That was around 1992. I highly doubt that these t206 cards were fetching the prices you see today. Grading was not even something I knew about back then. Well to say the least these were the pride of my baseball card collection. Obviously the oldest cards in the box. I have since graduated college, gotten married, and now have a one year old. I need to get rid of my entire collection of cards and collectibles.

I have had these cards sitting in a shoebox for the last 17 years. Untouched and looked at from time to time. When I pulled them out to list on ebay, I did a quick google search to research them. What I found amazed me! All three were rare backs. I had no idea until Sunday afternoon that what I had was that rare. Truthfully after searching ebay listings for the names on the cards, I thought I would get about $20 each. I am sure glad I photographed the backs and did a little research.

I am not an expert, but looking at these cards.....they look authentic. I keep telling myself that I should have gotten them graded before I listed them, but again I am not a dealer or collector. I am just trying the get cash for my entire collection.

Please do not bash my cards. I will provide you any other photos and/or scans that would lead you to believe that they are authentic. If you live local to me, we can even meet and you can have a look yourself.

Better yet, bid on my auctions and I will send you the cards for you to enjoy.

Thanks to everyone for you interest. This has been an exciting few days. It's gonna be sad when their gone.

wfeola