View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Default Exceptional Gestures by Others - Share Your Stories

Posted By: Scott Forrest

The editor of VCBC read on the board that I was looking for a particular issue, and he mailed it to me gratis, without my asking.

Most recently an ebayer who had sold me an item for a severely reduced price (he probably lost money) worked extra to find good shipping from England, then, after agreeing on cost, he refunded most of my money when he discovered a better shipper - saved me $50 he didn't have to.

Josh (of Leland's) sent me a set of lithos that had problems - when I told him my concern, he told me to keep them for free and he sent a full refund.

Several SABR members have gone out of their way to do research for me at libraries, many times at a great inconvenience to themselves - we couldn't publish most of what we write about baseball history unless this happened regularly. Most recently, a Japanese member went to a library in Tokyo and photocopied all sorts of invaluable material and mailed it to me.

An ebayer had severe production problems with prints she created. Long after the transaction ended unsatisfactorily, she sent me one for free, without my asking.

There are lots of really good people on ebay, and in our hobby - we should all try to look at things in a more positive light, assuming the best....then, when we find out we were duped....kill the bastards.