View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Default Who are the Three Most Knowledgeable Vintage Baseball Card Guys

Posted By: john/z28jd

Im not going to give any opinions about who knows the most but its interesting on my part to see some of the people mentioned most i dont talk to at all about cards and wouldnt go to for info.I made the mistake of trying to ask Lipset about info awhile ago and was brushed off rather rudely and got false information from him when i did.At the time i didnt know it was wrong but i learned it on my own and with help from other Old Judge collectors.I believe like someone else said that theres tons of people out there that dont make their presence known but might know just as much as any of these big guys,probably collectors who have been around awhile when you could pick up cards cheap and really get a feel of them and knowledge you could only learn hands on.

This board collectively knows more than any one person could know so i say we call it Vinbacafo,and hope one day it will come to life and destroy all the collectors who refuse to take part in it and their collections will be distributed among regular posters.

Id like Lifson,Mastro,Fritsch or Lipset to come to the board and publicly aknowledge their status among passionate collectors and thank us for our support.They can wear a big hat and robe like the pope if they want