View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Default I would like some opinions.

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

As a follow up, many of you have valid points, and believe it or not i agree with you. Yes this is a lesson to not only myself but hopefully to others that no matter what, if you don't know what your buying (inside and out) don't buy it unless your willing to take the chance.

I don't have buyers remorse in this situation however. I am not upset about my evaluation of the card i purchase (the fact that there is a crease in it for example) or anything else about the transaction. It is simply that i was fed false information about the card. If he had said, Ted, i am truly surprised that people mentioned it was worth $500. Then so be it. But his response was basically take a hike. I am not asking for forgiveness or asking for "special" treatment...this i believe to be a lesson to both buyer and seller:

Buyers: Start educating yourself better.
Sellers: Stop ripping people off.

You may call me a whinner or a baby, or this or that, but at the end of the day, not a single person on here can legitimately attack my honesty. I am upfront and will disclose what i know. Maybe to my own detriment, but it is what it is. Joe Esposito should be commended for not bending over backwards simply b/c someone was not happy. He put it in a perspective that for me was honorable. ----- did not! Remember, anyway you cut it, i'm out more money b/c of joe than i am b/c of -----!

A short example is this: A fellow board member (A) recently picked up a card from another board member (B) via ebay. While in (A)'s possession, the card was graded. He offered it up for sale under the premise that he knew what the value was but that he really wasn't sooo interested in selling the item. He set a price that he thought was reasonable but well above market value and WAY above what he paid for it. I happily agreed to that price. I have never complained about that price or any aspect of that transaction. Maybe it's just perspective, but i hope you see my point. Once again, your points are well taken.

[Edited To Remove name]

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

email me