View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 05:39 AM
Administrator

Default Conversational cards.

Posted By: identify7

There are baseball cards which are somewhat different from the others, for various reasons. These cards are more likely to be found to be worthy of viewing by non-collectors, for a little while.

Now I am not saying that card collecting nerds, like myself, can use baseball cards as a method of luring attractive blonds to our apartments. But what I am saying is please help me identify cards which may have conversation value to non-collectors.

So far I have tentatively identified (although I forget the exact cards right now) the following which appear to show some potential:

You gotta have a Ruth - I think there is a e121 or so which displays a collage of a few pictures of him. This portrayal is unusual.

And for unusual, I think it was Hal who pointed out the Swift's '57 Robinson rookie. A dismembered representation of a player, somewhat gross, but definately a strange card.

There are OJs: the Radbourne bird card, the deadman, the tall and short card, certainly others.

I recently came across a small e-card which showed only the players back - apparently tagging a runner sliding into a base, but identified as Schmidt, c. Very curious.

A nice ghost image card would fit, as well as other unusual manufacturing variations.

Any ideas?