View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Mint -- Alan Rosen

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

Dan, I don't have a problem with you or anything like that, and I don't mean to attack anyone that likes Mr. Mint. I am glad that there are people out there that he treats well, and that he is nice to. That explains why he is still in the hobby, and people still deal with him. I personally have had very bad encounters with the guy, and have spoken with numerous people that have had similar, or worse experiences with the guy. I just don't understand why he doesn't treat everyone with the respect that he apparently treats others with. It is not just me, numerous people on this forum apparently feel the same way, or have had similar experiences with the man.

Dan, I've met you before, you were very nice to me and my wife. And when my wife asked me how I knew you, I simply told her "he is one of the coolest guys from that forum that I go on the web sometimes." I don't really understand why I feel like you are attacking me. If you are getting defensive because you feel I am attacking a good friend, I can understand that. I just don't understand why you would take a shot at me. I don't want to make anybody angry about this issue, and I am not angry at anyone either.

I'm not some young whipper-snapper that doesn't know a Goudey from a Diamond Star. I have been involved in this hobby actively since I was 10 years old. I feel I have consistently provided a lot of help to people on this forum, and have provided a lot of information about uncatologued cards, new set information, and have a good track record with every deal I have made with members of this forum. I began collecting cards in 1986, and set up at my first show in 1988 with my brother. Personally, I don't feel like I owe anything to Mr. Mint. He is one of the few early dealers that is still in the hobby, but how exactly did he save the hobby? I don't buy it.

I'm not making crazy allegations about the guy, I'm speaking from first hand experience here. I don't appreciate being treated the way he treats me and other people. My mother always told me you can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat strangers, and I think that is a very valid statement.

-Rhett