View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Default 1933 goudey babe ruth card

Posted By: Glenn

I see the seller has now added the qualifier that he has been told this is a reprint, but I don't think the previous bidders should (or will) be stuck with their bids. Why should the "real responsibility" lie with the bidders? The bidder and seller are entering into a contract according to which the high bidder agrees to pay the amount of the winning bid, plus the listed shipping charge ($1) plus the required insurance ($2); and the seller agrees, upon receiving payment, to send the item described (i.e., "Big League Goudy Gum Card number 181...a real goudy, not a repro."). I'm not familiar with Goudy, but since the scan of the reverse clearly shows the name as "Goudey," it appears that the seller's intention was to convince people that this was an orignial Goudey. Neither does it matter how many people cannot discern the posted images from those of a true 1933 Goudey Ruth #181; the seller could have posted a picture of a 1988 Topps Carney Lansford, or a picture of his nephew's Little League Team, or a picture of Strom Thurmond -- he is still required to send the item he described.