Thread: Shipping Costs
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Administrator

Default Shipping Costs

Posted By: Judge Dred

You're right it is irritating to pay $6 for shipping only to find out the USPS label indicates that the total shipping cost was $2.50 on the label. All in all I just incorporate the cost of shipping into the cost of the card. The nice part about this is that there are a lot of people that refuse to pay $5+ for shipment of a card. I figure I'll make out if the card is worth a few hundred dollars and it's going cheap because people don't like the shipping charge on the item. I believe that if someone is going to charge a premium for shipping then they better use the better services offered by the USPS.

I recently paid $6 for shipping on an item. The card came in a thin hard plastic sleeve in a bubble mailer. It was sent first class and insured but the total on the USPS label showed $2.57 on it.

I about crapped my pants because when I recieved the package it was a bit mangled. I thought for sure that the card was going to be creased because the sender didn't bother to put any stiffners around the hard plastic sleeve. Luckily the card was ok.

The seller probably made a few dollars on the shipping but overall I feel the card was worth the low bid I paid for it.