View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Default Looking for board input on LOA question

Posted By: davidcycleback

As an example:

I want to sell amounts of original negatives by famous photographers. Most of the negatives don't have the photograher's name printed on them, so if you pulled one from a shoebox you'd likely not know who was the photographer was. The letter I'd include would list the photographers and vouch for the authenticity (as the images on the negatives are crystal clear, it would be obvious that they are note dupes or later generation negatives). Beyond identification, I'm aware that some collectors would appreceate an LOA testifying that their negatives are originals by so-and-so. As a buyer, I'd like one.

My dilema is that there has been so much controversy concerning other LOAs, that I'm not always sure if I wish to enter the LOA waters. One of the big controversies has been ownership, and all of these items are mine.

On a personal basis, I can tell you that one of the practical results over all the excitement over wording in a Spence LOA or SCDA is that it makes someone like me uneasy about writing even one LOA. Particularly considering the items can be sold without one.