View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Default ** A Few VBC Forum Updates **

Posted By: jay behrens

We also need to remember that this is the internet, not the USofA. You are not gaurneteed free speech. This board can be read by people from around the world and has no "home country" per se. The moderator has final say as to what goes on here. If someone doesn't like what is said or being censored, they can go create their own little republic on the internet and run it as they see fit.

I know everyone is pretty happy with Net54 as the host, but I know most on-line gamers use message boards that are pre-threaded into general topics such as Guild Business, Off Topic, Upcoming Events, etc. Then each of those has their won threads within them.

If we ever decide we have outgrown or dislike Net54, this would be a great route to go, and is what I adovacted when the thought of leaving Net54 was entertained a while back. We could set up catagories for game-used, autographs, cards, ephemeria, general HOF adn player talk, shows, etc. That way, people could go to exactly the topics they want to read without wading thru other stuff.

Just my random thoughts on the subject

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.