View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Default ** A Few VBC Forum Updates **

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Much as I hated to do it, the picture background has been retired to make the site more readable. It's been replaced by an inoffensive gray, but this could cruelly be morphed to fuschia, taupe, or salmon if the links at the top of the page don't get more attention. Don't say I didn't warn everyone.

The new-ish B/S/T thread, despite some mild opposition, has actually been doing okay: most of the pages get 300+ hits per day. Personally, I was very pleased with reaction to the sell threads I put up there. I realize that some people would like to go back to the old monthly threads, but those have been downsized. Slightly more clicks for everyone, but the rewards are greater, trust me.

Who noticed that the "Vintage Baseball Cards" header became "Vintage Baseball Collecting"? It was a stealth move, apparently. We've had many knowledgeable threads about non-card subjects and the forum name change was my little tribute.

I have two requests:

1) "Vintage" here is pre-WWII. Strictly. Harold Baines may be a 60-40 HOFer candidate, Mickey Mantle may have been a pretty good hitter, and Jose Canseco may have had some interesting drug habits, but it needs to be kept under the collective hat.
2) If there was a post about your topic recently, regardless of it subject matter, it should be put there, not spawned into its own thread. It's one thing to say "don't read it", but I'd rather read everything and leave it up to the authors to organize themselves. Oh - and descriptive titles are very helpful (i.e., not "What's This?", "How Much?", "Help!!!", etc.).

I'm always welcome to suggestions. Feel free to send them on.

Bill