View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Default Need help regarding fake T206

Posted By: Mark

Yeah, there are some tell-tale signs. It's honestly a pretty good fake. I'm sure I could see the crosshatching if magnified, etc...but getting this guy to believe/understand that doesn't sound promising.

He sounds like if he can be convinced, that he will refund. Sending it to be authenticated (de-authenticated in this case) was suggested by the seller, but that puts me even MORE upside down on the card, and in the time it would take to get it back, I would be outside the time limits on filing a complaint.

Anyway, my main concern is that I can't find anywhere that anyone has stated the print color on Piedmonts. We all know it's blue, but I was shocked that I can't find that stated anywhere online!

I've checked all the boards and websites that I knew of and had already checked the one mentioned in this thread, but I don't find any statements about the Piedmont back print color being blue. If I could just point this guy to a place on-line, I think I'd be squared away. I might suggest having him log in to this website and soliciting responses. Maybe he would listen to someone other than myself, on such a specialized site.

-Mark.