View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Seller Credit Card Question

Posted By: Dan Bretta

As a business owner myself who has a signed contract to accept Visa/Mastercard, but not Discover I side with the seller setting his terms. I had a customer who would come in EVERY day and use his card to buy an 89 cent pop (soda for you easterners). The credit card company charges me 25 cents per transaction and a percentage of the sale so it wasn't worth it to continue to do this. When I told him I would no longer take a CC for less than $10 he called the CC company and complained. Sure enough I got a call from my CC company and they told me this violates my contract with them and that if I continued this they could take away my CC service. I complied with that, but the guy tried to come in and do it again about a week later and I told him to hit the road and that I didn't want his business --- that IS within my rights. Even though I did sign the contract and didn't know that I couldn't set a minimum, I still believe that it is within my rights to conduct business how I want to. Luckily I don't get very many customers charging pop on credit cards.

I don't take Discover, but it makes me wonder why he has such a high minimum set for that particular card.