View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default True Vintage Collecting

Posted By: Trae R.

The "Back to the Basics" thread really has me inspired and I would like to begin collecting pre-war cards as opposed to the post 1950's stuff I have been collecting for a little while. In all actuality this board overall has been the gardner that planted this seed in me. My only issue right now is being able to afford these 'billy-badass' cards you guys post on a daily-basis. So my question is where can I spend less than $100 per card to get started collecting (specific cheaper old set singles, poor conditions, etc. - recommendations please)? I don't mind the condition (obviously for the price I can't afford to be picky), I would value the cards all the same. Something about the nostalgia of the items that old - I dunno. I'm hooked though, and I don't even have my first pre-war card. Speaking of which anyone have a "Trae's first vintage card" they'd be willing to sell for like $20 or so? Anything will suffice, and I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want a hand-out but if you have any old stuff worth $20 that you would be willing to part with I'd be stoked!

Thanks