View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Default Information about C.A.R.D.S. Organization

Posted By: Robert Plancich

I have received several emails inquiring about information on the Collectors Alliance for Reform and Disciplinary Sanctions. Basically the organization is an alliance of collectors, dealers and anyone else interested in bringing about change to this industry. Questions have been asked regarding how many members, etc. and I haved declined to provide specifics because the auction houses and the so-called experts and/or authenticators will use their power to "blackball" an individual and/or dealers items. For example, I received an email from one Network 54 member and he/she stated that his/her MastroNet bidding privleges were revoked for questioning the authenticity of one of their lots. I have heard that my name is basically "mud" in the "hobby" and MastroNet stopped sending me their catalogs quite some time ago. As I have stated previously, The only person that I can email at PSA is Joe Orlando the president and when I do email him he threatens to sue me for haarrassment. So I really don't have much to lose at this point; however, I don't want what they have done to me happen to another individual. Therefore, if anyone has any information about anything that they would like to have checked out or researched, anything that they submit to me is held in strict confidence. I hope to have a website in the not so distant future. Another question was raised regarding baseball cards and wanted to know if C.A.R.D.S. efforts extended to them or merely focused on baseball memorabilia and the answer is "yes".

Although the primary focus is on baseball, CARDS is interested in all sports and welcomes any and all information, inquiries and comments, for or against, pro and con. I hope this gives you a little better insight into what I am trying to accomplish. Should you have any additional questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact me. Again, I would like to thank the members of Network 54 for their time and consideration of this matter.