View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Default Standard Catalog T207 pricing all wrong

Posted By: Bob Lemke

I appreciate your support. Sad to say the "proof" versions (there are actually three) were trashed after the book was on press. I'd love to see if the error showed up on any or all of them. I can't believe that I looked at those pages three different times -- and that the company's professional proofreaders went over the final set with a fine-tooth comb -- and didn't notice the missing prices for cards #198-200, which would have tipped me that something was amiss. It is virtually certain that a "corrected" version of the book will be issued. Pre-orders for the edition have eaten up more than half the press run already. We had to go back to press with the 2004 book, and will certainyl do so again. For those who invest in annually obsoleted reference boos/door stops, the smart money is on the 2nd printing, which will likely be only 10% of the first.
As always, your comments, criticisms, corrections, additions, enhancements, questions, etc., are always welcome. You can e-mail me or post them here.