View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Default Grading hits home

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Judge Dred

My comment that offended you may have been an exaggeration but no more than many of the comments made about me from several of the posters here. I am quite certain that there are many people here who have the skills to grade. My point was that Mike Baker and Sean Drinkwater have an incredible amount of experience in the grading room. They are far more capable than most of you want to give them credit for because somehow you view them, and other graders, as the enemy.

For some to conclude that a conspiracy exists between myself and all of the grading companies is foolish. I have been accused of grading altered cards with all 3 grading companies. For GAI, especially, to knowingly encapsulate a card they believe is altered, that I or anyone else submits, is just a little paranoid. They are trying to get more market share not sabotage their good name. Not sure if you realize how much effort they put in each day to grow their business. They get $10 from me whether or not the card gets placed in a holder. Why would they knowingly want to take on a $500 liability in exchange for $10, as in this example?

If you want to apply California Business & Professions Code § 21671, then you need to identify "alteration." This card was not altered. You all have the right to boycott me but you do not have the right to trash my name. You do not conduct investigations and to try me in this forum due to your own vendettas is inappropriate. Call the FBI. They do have a division assigned to the kind of fraud you are accusing me of. Not every part of the organization is designated for more important issues.