View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Default group of old bats

Posted By: Greg G

Glenn - I live over 3 hours drive away from Milton, but drove up to the area because the antique hunting in your area is better that in the DC area where I live. For further evidence of this, if you hop over to the non-sport forum under Jan. pickups I have pictured 3 of the stack of 10 Yum Yum coupon cards I picked up on the same trip. Here comes the part you'll hate the most... Yum Yum cards were $10 for the lot, and the bats were $18 each.**

**footnote to the story - the first time I looked at the bats I was with my father long-time sports collecting partner, I had to convince him the Reach bat was old (he thought the Hillrich bat was a softball bat) and we only bought the Reach bat. When I got home and did some research I realized the bat had some age and ANXIOUSLY waited the week and half before I could make the 3+ hour drive again to buy the other bats and couple baseballs.

I am not sure but I think the sporting goods store they mentioned was in Lewisburg - are you aware of a store like this going out of business in the last year or two?