View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Default GREY FLANNEL AUCTIONS

Posted By: Jimmy

Rhys,

Interesting you mention the game used bat from Leland’s. I just listed a game used bat on eBay and items such as gloves and bats and other types of memorabilia need detailed descriptions and pictures. The larger auction houses do well with those types of items and when I have a real nice valuable piece of memorabilia I will send it to them. Most of the time I get items that are worth less then what auction houses will take, so the items end up on eBay. The fact is there is no excuse for what happened, and I have had similar issues with smaller auction companies which is why I just list the items myself. When you use consignment services you expect that descriptions and customer service is taken care of for you. We still have a long way to go in this hobby, when it comes to doing the right thing, and this makes it hard for companies that do have good customer service. I understand things happen, but we can always try and resolve the issue and that is what makes me upset about this issue the most.

Jimmy