View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Default 1940s-'50s gumball machine Charms

Posted By: Fred Y

Here's hoping I can get some player ID verification help from everyone on these little obscure "trinkets" that came out of those penny gumball machines back in the late '40's--early '50's-----and you can have some fun at the same time!

I have 23 of them that I have saved all these yrs & just decide to check them against the SCD incomplete list. There are a few that are uncataloged if my ID's prove correct.

The 1st 2 pics are easy to ID, so I don't need names --it's the 2nd 2 that I THINK I have ID'd, but would surely appreciate your input. At the same time many have probably never seen them, so hope you enjoy!

I'm pretty sure on these below 4, but would like your input--3 I believe are uncataloged:

The 5 below I'm not sure on. I think the 1st 2 are the same guy--the next 3 look the same, but I think 2 are the same player, but the last one is different! I'll be interested in your take on them! I believe all of these are uncataloged.

Here is the listing from SCD Bible: I think I have 6 that will add to the list pending on what you guys think. I will appreciate your ideas.
NOTE: I believe SCD has the size wrong also--All of mine measure 3/4" x 5/8", nowhere near the 1 1/4" even including the loop!