View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Default Women's Baseball Team Postcard -Need Joann's Help

Posted By: Joann

Hi Dan,

I am familiar with it and have a copy too. It shows up somewhat regularly on ebay. Not as often as the Watervliet Western Bloomer Girls PC, but this one is maybe second or third in terms of how often I see it.

I don't know anything about the team and haven't found anything doing the very superficial google-type research. I keep watching on ebay to see if one comes up that is postally used. I know it's not a slam dunk or anything, but I figure for local team PC's like this (one of the best ways to get images of female players and teams)they probably were only sold in or near the town where the team played. If a card is postally used, chances are that the postmark is from somewhere near where they played.

I know it's not bullet-proof logic, but it would help me narrow down geography a bit. That's how I know that one of my cards is from Lone Rock Wisc - from the postmark and message on back.

If I see one on ebay that is postally used, I plan on picking it up just so I have that piece of it. One day, after I'm out of school, I have this crazy idea that I will have time to more thoroughly research all of the PC's, cabinets, photos, etc that I have of female teams.

Sorry I couldn't be more help Dan.

J