View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Default Great News! (GAI pack grading)

Posted By: Richard Dwyer

I'm not defending GAI and their mistakes. Yes, they messed up. But they have improved since then. Perhaps you should call or write yourselves to voice your opinions.

GAI is the only ones who encapsulate tobacco packs/boxes! Rag on them enough, and they might drop out of the market. Name anyone else that encapsulates packs/boxes.

I can post pictures of my encapsulated boxes which show better wording, etc. (Only because I demanded those things to be in the label). Everyone here had the same chance to tell GAI what to put. Yes, you shouldn't have to do this. But if you wanted it right back then, you should have helped them out. Especially when you knew that they didn't know what they were doing.

The encapsulated boxes cost GAI $5 each. GAI has to research and talk to other experts to verify your information, so when you give them nothing to go on what do you expect? I think it's great that GAI is willing to re-invest the time to research your information for free.

There are people on eBay that sell boxes that GAI put 1909-1918. GAI is no longer doing this. They are correctly dating the boxes now. So beware, if you have one of those boxes and you want it reencapsulated.