View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Default Another fake Ty Cobb T206? Large Scans.

Posted By: Michael Poland

I recently bought a Ty Cobb T206 and I am more certain than not that it is real but I have this sinking feeling it could be fake. I don't have fancy tools just a 10X loupe and I compared it to my other known authentic T206s. The black line around the image is solid, no dots. The name and team is a solid brown color. The back looks totally legitimate. The card stock looks and feels the same. If this is in fact a fake..it is DARN GOOD!

Here are where my suspicions lie. While the name and team look solid and brown the font size seems bigger than my others. Also, depending on how I hold the card in the light small areas seem to be shinier than others. Also, which is not a big worry, but the green on the background has hints of yellow. From what I understand, these are lithograpghs and colors were printed on top of each other and this could just be an example of the yellow leaking through. Anywho, I felt super confident in buying it but now of course after I shell out the dough my skepticism comes into play.

SCANS REMOVED DUE TO HIGH BANDWIDTH USAGE. IF ANYONE WISHES TO SEE THEM LET ME KNOW AND I CAN EMAIL THEM TO YOU.