View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Default Stealing: experiences with.

Posted By: bimmy

my house was broken into when i was about 13. they stole the standard stuff including all of my "good" cards which i kept in a seperate box. our insurance covered all the cards and i got full becket value, which is a lot more than i could get for those cards now. i bought some vintage cards like 55 koufax, 34 goudey dean and gehrig (#37) and t206 red cobb and stopped collecting for a while. i could have done a lot better with my money but i wasnt really involved with vintage cards at the time. i wanted to buy a 33 gehrig 8 (4,000 at the time) and sink all my money into that but my father talked me out of it. still kick myself over it. anyway i stopped collecting for a year or two. came back and collected new inserts and rookies, then it was just rookies, then vintage and rookies, then vintage, and now its just t206, t207 and t212. to tell you the truth if we werent robbed i dont know if i would be into vintage cards today.

as far as not putting down your information and therefore your opinion is worthless is rubbish. whats stopping me from writting in lies? im not putting down my info, but i did put in my email address. to contact me just click the blue "bimmy". i dont understand why people who arnt logged in and dont have their emails right there for you are saying this nonsense.

what else was i gonna say...i forget, email me if you remember