View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Default Stealing: experiences with.

Posted By: anon

The PSA vs. SGC (and related) columns brought up the idea that posting ones name and signing in--thus producing an e-mail for the curious--plus your IP adress, might provide a name and address to a prosepctive thief.

First I should say that my "anon" has an e-mail under it, for anyone who doesn't know who I am yet. But if there are complaints, I will revert to "Julie" again.

Please answer the following questions--in as vague or specific a way as you like.

I'd be interested in hearing 1) what was stolen from you and from where (details need not be details, of course), 2) what protection against thieves you had in place at the time? 3) Did you recover the stuff?
4) what changes you've made in security since then to prevent a reoccurance? 5) Is card insurance worth it, and does it cover the things you really care about?

And, most important, was the theft the result of revealing name, address, etc OR etc. on an internet site like this one?

I have not been stollen from since a classmate of my son's in midle school called the house and said he was the police, and could I come to the station to pick up my son, and while I was gone, he came in and helped himself to carefully chosen '50s and '60s cards. All were recovered, except for a nice '66 Mantle.