View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Default BUY, SELL or TRADE---February

Posted By: Jeff Obermeyer

I have a 1911 T212 Obak Weaver that I unfortunately need to part with. Here are links to 300 dpi scans of the front and back:

The card measures 1 7/16" by 2 5/8". You may notice that the width is 1/16" different than what is listed in all the major guides... width does vary on this issue. My other Obaks are all between 1 7/16" and 1 1/2" wide. I emailed Mark Macrae about this card (I bought it from him at auction about 8 years ago) and he confirms the measurements based on his experience... Obaks vary slightly in width in this range.

Condition of this card is FAIR in my estimation... there are two major creases at the top, and a wrinkle that runs half the width of the card in the middle. All four corners show some wear, and there is an indentation along the left border between the two creases. The back is free of damage other than the creases listed above. There is no significant paper loss. If PSA graded it, it would likely receive a "1", certainly no more than a "2".

My original intent was to list this card on eBay on Sunday, though I would rather sell it here so I don't have to pay the fees. I am leaving it open to offers from anyone interested - if I get something I like, I'll sell it. Otherwise, it'll go on eBay on Sunday. Buyer will be responsible for insured, certified shipping, so please consider this when you make your offer. As for returns, while I don't feel this card is trimmed, I cannot guarantee that this is the case due to the size. Refunds will only be offered if the card is proven to be a reproduction, NOT because any grading company won't slab it. Please consider this fully before making an offer.

If you want additional info or scans, please let me know.

Payment will be in the form of money order only. Feel free to check my ebay feedback under the ID "seattlehockey".

Jeff