Thread: PSA vs GAI
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Default PSA vs GAI

Posted By: runscott

Jeff - you are in much greater danger than the rest of us (some of us, anyway) of incorporating PSA trimmed cards into your collection...for the simple reason that we ARE aware of the fact that PSA slabs high-end trimmed cards. So we are on the look-out for them, especially in "big" auctions...ahem. You might call this "PSA bashing", but I call it "being careful not to buy expensive crap".

But as long as YOU can't tell the difference, it's really irrelevant, since you don't ever sell your cards.

The first time I noticed PSA's proclivity for slabbing trimmed cards was about three years ago when I had only submitted cards to PSA, and never SGC. A seller on ebay broke up a set of mostly EX cards, many with numbers written on the back, and sent some of the HOF'ers and other more difficult cards to PSA. The cards trickled onto ebay over several months, with a few high-grade PSA HOF'ers popping up every now and then...always short and sometimes thin. It was so incredibly obvious what was going on. I'm sure many of you remember this seller, but I can't think of her name.