Thread: PSA vs GAI
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default PSA vs GAI

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

What a bunch of windbags. I'm a collector only and have bought many slabbed cards from both the 50s and 60s and T206 issue. All the cards I buy are PSA 7 (and the corresponding GAI 7 and SGC 84 and up). I've bought hundreds of cards over the past year and spent well over five figures. Take this for what it's worth but understand that I have a large population to draw from: highly graded cards from the 50s and 60s have similar values regardless if they are in SGC, PSA or GAI holders. GAI is usually a little less. As for the highly graded T206s, PSA gets a much higher price than the comparable SGC graded cards. It's not even close. In addition, a simple search on ebay will find that the amount of PSA vintage cards is much, more plentiful than SGC graded cards available for sale. While I tend to think the black background of SGC is nicer to look at, a slab is a slab to me--unless it becomes clear at some point that PSA is routinely slabbing trimmed cards and PSA thus becomes PRO. To all you PSA bashers, however, that's not going to happen....