Thread: PSA vs GAI
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default PSA vs GAI

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

This debate goes on and on, and is much like arguing politics--it will never get resolved. Scarecrow, if the search engine works on this forum, you will see how each company has its own zealots, some with at least arguable agendas. Different vintage sets will perform differently, especially over time. You will also read the mantra--buy the card, not the holder.

I think you'll find no shortage of SGC fans on this board, and alot of PSA bash...., er, criticism. Still, only a fool would argue that PSA cards do not perform well in the market. As for trends and future performance, that is and has been debatable. As for some recent (past year or so) problems and mistakes at PSA, that is less debatable--they have occurred. The recently discussed fiasco concerning the PSA 9 Rose is a good example.

Greg, the likelihood of Murcerfan accidentally posting on the wrong board is about the same as me outbidding vendomecat on high grade vintage material--slim to none. I actually wish he would contribute more on the 50's regionals he has, for although this forum is mostly pre-war, I believe there would be significant interest in these issues--call it a change of pace. My $.02

todd