View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Default Suggestings about updating the authentication guides

Posted By: Hankron 

For some time now I've had posted from the main page of my website (cycleback.com), 4 online authentcation guides (prints, old photos, old baseball photos and wirephotos, baseball cards). Three of the guides are one-of-a-kind, and no similar guides on the topics have every been published anywhere (which, by definition, makes them the best guides on the topics ever published). These were at one point paper books, originally printed a number of years ago (I think the newest is from 2001). At a point I decided to take the paper versions out of print, and put everything online. Peronally, I liked (and like) the idea of having everything available free to whomever wanted to access it, whether it was noon in Houston or noon in Tokyo. Also publishing paper books is a pain in the toots, and having stuff posted online is so much easier, even if you make no money.

This situation is that it is time to now update the guides (slowly, one at a time), both for content and displayablity. Some of the guides (baseball photos, most notably) were put up in a slapdash wat and it really has to be redone so it looks nicer. Considering the paper books were illustrated (some completely in color), the most obvious problem is that two of the guides have NO images, and the baseball one has really crappy images.

I am looking for suggestions on how to fix, change, embelish the new online versions. This include what new info or topics should be included, what new resources or links, what kinds of images, WHAT FACTUAL ERRORS OR CONCEPTUAL ERRORS need to be fixed, general or specific lightbulb ideas. I know of a couple of factual errors that should be fixed, though never got around to it. I everyone to comment. I would encourage that those from MastroNet, Beckett, GAI, SGC, PSA, etc etc to give ideas on what needs to be developed. I encourage comments from people who have never talked to me before.

I'm not fishing for compliments and wish people to only contact mee through the below email. All comments will be between me and the emailer.

comments@cycleback.com

Lastly, if no or very few people comment, I will interpret this that the mini-authentication sites are in satisfactory state are not used, and that I should 'leave crappy enough alone' ... I have a brand new (non-sport) guide I'm working on will move on to that.

Thanks
David

Lastly, if there