View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Default Open Letter to Grading Companies, Authenticators and Major Auction Houses

Posted By: Hankron

I mentioned my thoughts my to my dad. He said that he used to invest with a well known mutual fund company. In their annual report sent to all the investors, they would include an article on the past year's good stocks and bad stocks they had picked. The article detailed why (in their honest opinion) the best performing stocks did so well and how and why they poor performing stocks did so poorly, along with why/how they made a mistake in picking them. He had great respect for the company, because they were willing to talk about their mistakes as well as their succseses. He also thought it was informative, as a client, to read how they made their choices and how they dealt with them.

Of course in recent years, some companies, in their annual report to investors, fix the numbers so it makes it appear as if they loads of money.

From both a trust and especially an educational standpoint, I think talking about ones mistakes and how to move beyond them is a wonderful thing.