View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default What are some of the easier caramel/e-series sets to complete?

Posted By: Ben

I think e96 is considered "easy" not because the cards are more commonly found, but because it is the most affordable (No Cobb, Wagner, or Matty).

e90-1's are most commonly found, but the drawbacks are that it is a fairly large set, and it has some rarities which are incredibly tough to find. Also, the Joe Jackson will cost you mucho.

I like e92's for several reasons: there are a variety of different backs...Crofts Candy (with black, blue and red printing) Crofts Cocoa, and Nadja. Some believe each back constitutes a complete set, others collect all backs as part of one set. If I were to start the set, I would go the latter route. Another reason why e92 is a nice set is because of the fabulous colour. There are some truly spectacular cards in this set (see the Oakes and Magee among others). Finally, it is a managable size as well.

Other sets to consider might be e95 (they resemble e96's, you might not like that), e98's ( a little tougher) and e103's (even more tough). I am a novice as well, but these are my observations.

All you'd ever want to know about e cards (and more) is on Pete Calderon's website, definitely a must see:

http://www.caramel-cards.com/cards.html