View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Default How impatient are you? and another thing

Posted By: julie

before my money order has arrived. It occasionally happens, usually with people I've alreasdy bought a lot of stuff from. i was once very embarassed when I sent, and told seller I'd sent, a Money Order by Priority mail to Chicago, and he promptly send out the card. Berkeley being the "***hole of the universe" for sending mail, my Priority mail money order arrived in Chicago 3 weeks later!

I was very flattered a couple of weeks ago when seller wrote "since your feedback is so good" --yes, but I only had 33! (that were avilable for him to look at)"you may send a personal check and I won't wait for it to clear." I really got a kick out of using one of my new (O.K. QUIT LAUGHING!) "Winnie-the Pooh" checks--seller also enjoyed it.

On the few occasions when I've sold things, I tend to hold the check until the sold object has arrived--because of good old Berkeley being so unreliable at sending stuff. Right now the P.O. owes me $414.00 for an overnight express money order that never arrived (I sent a second one) where I sent it...