View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Default How was the Sports Fest Show

Posted By: petecld

The good:
- I picked up the last E126 I needed to complete my set!!! Thank you, Kevin Savage.

- I had a great time at this show talking with other collectors.

The bad:
As far as vintage cards go there wasn't much there that I hadn't seen before. I had the feeling as I was walking around like I had seen this show before. Even a couple dealers who usually have little something for me had nothing new. What little there I saw was priced really high compared to ebay results.

- I didn't see any big crowds that's for sure.

- What I did see was an N172 $10,000 Kelley in a PSA 9 holder. What I didn't see was the bottom border of the card. Will someone tell their graders it's 4 borders, not 3.

There was a E92 Dockman Cy Young in a PSA 8 holder. The $15,000 price tag I thought was a bit much.

Julie, there was an amazing 49 Bowman Jackie Robinson in a SGC 98 holder! C'mon Julie, buy it, sure you'll need to sell your house but how many SGC 98 Robinson's are there, maybe one, and there are houses all over the place. It was only $85K. Just teasing.

Saddest sight: A well known dealer just sitting behind his tables, all alone, no one stopping by, slumpped in his chair with his hand over his eyes in what seemed like the perfect position when your asking yourself, "How much (bleepin) money is this show costing me again?"