Thread: summer course
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Default summer course

Posted By: runscott

Booklets - in the past we paid you for these - keep charging and people will keep paying. If you choose to offer them in electronic format for free, that's your choice. I have no problem with buying your books - you worked hard on them, they contain great reference material, and I've purchased five so far.

Advice - no one pays you for this, and if you asked advice from them, concerning something that they are more expert on than you, then they should also provide for free. BTW, I give loads of free advice, plenty of it involving considerable research. If you want to get paid for this, you really need to create a price-list and provide supporting documentation - send such a list to anyone who has ever asked you for advice. You may lose some rapport with your fellow board members by doing this, especially if when they solicit advice you send them a price list, but that's what becoming a pro will cost you.

Courses - you've offered a free one, so give it for free. Charge for future ones. I suspect that many people who have heard positive things about you, but aren't interested enough in your field to buy books, probably wanted to attend the free course to find out more about your knowledge. I think the free one would have generated some business for you.