Thread: summer course
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Default summer course

Posted By: Hankron

In the near future I will be offering an online/interactive course on the authentication of prints (so you know, a baseball card is print), and a second course for photographs. It's both in depth and practical. While it covers all areas of art and collectable prints, the student will be able to focus on his or her area of choice (whether 19th century scorecards or Salvador Dali or Steiglitz's 'Camera Work'). Even if you are only a 1950s Bowman collector, you will still learn how they authenticate original Rembrandts (why is the collector holding it up to the light like that?), tobacco labels and stamps.

I do point out that, while the course is intended to offer practical knowledge for normal collectors, it is in depth and is not intended for those who are casual about the subject.

The course will be run in a combination of online material and interactive situations. Direction will be emailed once a week, so this won't be a rushed/overloaded situation.

Assuming application, I can promise that everyone who takes the course will end up being substantially more knowledgeable and capable in the area the authentication of prints, not only in his area of interest but others areas as well. I can also promise you that anyone who takes the course will know substantially more than those who don't.

If anyone is interested, feel free to email. Requested anonymity will be honored. The course will start on July 1st. The photograph course will be offered after that one is finished.

Also, the course is free.

Relevant future info will be posted at www.cylcleback.com

Thanks,
David