View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Default Experts, please have a look...

Posted By: warshawlaw

Chris, at least you have the good sense to ask questions and not blithely send along your money. I was scammed once on an E-something Wagner, some of the people here were kind enough to alert me to the history of the seller (as Runscott has done for you), and I reneged. I'd advise you to do the same.

I mean no offense to Chris, but I have to say it: I am so tired of people buying raw allegedly high-grade rare pre-war cards offered by amateur dealers on no more than a blurry scan. It is simply too good to be true. A true ex-mt Ruth graded by a major service would pull well into five figures at auction. How is it then that the seller could possibly ask anyone to believe that his item is authentic? One rule of thumb I follow in my practice is to never assume that my opponent is stupid. I cannot understand why anyone would give any credence to a seller who would not spend $100 to make several thousand. We have all seen people burned again and again by this kind of thinking and yet folks keep doing it, out of what I can only assume is basic greed.